Dogs should not have to live chained or penned as prisoners, yearning for a place in a family, craving acknowledgment, respect, and love. They deserve better, and we as caretakers have the obligation to provide it for them.
Dogs Deserve Better is a wonderful organization helping to free the chained dog. Their focus is on education, changing legislation and bringing more awareness to the sad life these pups lead.
Here are some tips DDB shares to help a chained dog in your city or neighborhood:
- Volunteer your time or start a branch of Dogs Deserve Better in your community.
- Become a member of Dogs Deserve Better and help the cause.
- Spread community awareness by hanging posters, show casing the chained dog video, wearing one of their colorful t-shirts, or applying a magnet to your car to educate and provoke thought in those around you.
- Place brochures and doorhangers throughout the community.
- Donate to the cause.
- Share information with those that need it.
- Send this wonderful PSA to your local TV station and help spread the word.