Now you know I'm not as concerned about the cat part of this wonderful and special day, although it could be nice if they had 'em too, just in case my kittie bros, me and Gracie, needed to go into cahoots on a cool mission or something.
But for me, a dog, well I have to honor of this wonderful holiday, by listing (not in any particular order) what I would do if I had opposable thumbs. Let's get busy!
- I'd love to be able to type faster and more accurately - sometimes I kindamissthespacebar. It messes up my typing and I have to hunt and peck a lot - that would be long gone!
- And with that computer access more readily available, I'd place an order with Clean Run right away, and get all the treats, toys, and agility gear I've always wanted. Can you say saawweeeettt!
- I'm sure I could pull a little more of the work weight around here. And being the herding, working breed that I am, I would love to help out Mum. Then she could spend more time with me playing, doing agility and doing tricks!
- With thumbs I could easily open the pantry and get my own food, anytime I wanted! And we wouldn't have to put up around here with Wolfie trying over and over to get the cupboard open looking for food and catnip.
- I could give the thumbs up when a cute girlie walked by.
- I could click my own clicker when I get a trick right! Ha!
- Changing the channel on the TV would be so much easier than using teeth, finally I could take charge of that dogone remote.
- Getting out of my crate would be a snap - never again would I have to wait for my turn at agility.
- Pay back! Taking pics of Mum when she's sleeping would be pretty fun, and video her while she's running could be veeerrrryyy interesting!
- Hmmm....I'd be so independent, maybe they would let me vote!
Now, I'm sure Mum has an opinion of what I should do with these wonderful new thumbs! Yep, she does, here's her list:
- Set my own agility bars.
- Clean up my own poo.
- Brush my own teeth and trim my own nails (wouldn't mind doing my own nails, may be safer, BOL!)
- Take out the trash.
- Rake the cat litter box with my thumbs instead of my mouth, oh wait, that's Gracie!
- And I'm sure she would get me a paying job, so I could pay for my own agility. I wouldn't mind that so much, sometimes just waiting for her to get done with work is soooo boring!
And don't forget to send your four legged and two legged friends a cool cartoon ecard and wish them Happy What if Cats and Dogs Had Opposable Thumbs Day!